Friday, January 23, 2009

The "Real Story"

Wow! It turned out the email version of Kurt Warner's story had several inaccuracies but as the Snopes site points out (thanks, Shelley) the reality is even better than the partially fictional account copied in yesterday's post. Please check out http://snopes.com/glurge/warner.asp for the real story.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I printed the email here before finding out how to check it out for myself. However, I am still impressed with Mr. Warner and his sincere love for the Lord and for his family, including an adopted son with disabilities (though not Down syndrome.) I want to share this story with my sons as a real-life example of a modern day football 'hero' who plays well and hard, who lives well, and who--win or lose--consistently gives all the glory to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: