Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Prayer is against the law

This was sent to me and I want to pass it on.
This is a Statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School, Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod. 'It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country.'Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it 'an alternate lifestyle,' and if someone is offended, that's OK.I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it 'safe sex.' If someone is offended, that's OK. I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a 'viable” means of birth control.' If someone is offended, no problem...I can designate a school day as 'Earth Day' and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess 'Mother Earth' and call it 'ecology.' I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as 'simple minded' and 'ignorant' and call it 'enlightenment.'However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments. Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression. For this reason, I shall 'Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's,' and refrain from praying at this time.'However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM,in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet.' One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of 'Justice' in the 'one nation, under GOD.' Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the FreedomFROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!JESUS said, 'If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.'

No comments: