Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday in Kiev

First off: Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday, Dear Caleb
Happy Birthday to You!

Today is my baby Caleb's 5th birthday. (Steven is just 3 months older.) Happy Birthday, Sweetie. Mommy and Teresa will be home as soon as we can.

James turned 11 on the 8th and Billy will be 15 (YIKES!!) on the 18th. Teresa's 13th bday is July 1st and Kevin's on July 10th. Yes, we are back in "Birthday Alley"

Since Teresa and I didn't go to bed until about 12:30 am I knew we would not be making it to the first service at church today and I was right!! :) but we were there for quite a bit of chat time, coffee and tea before the second service. For those readers who are also part of the Assemblies of God, it was fun to point out to Teresa equipment and supplies that were likely paid for with Light for the Lost, Speed the Light and/or Boys and Girls Missionary Crusade funds. These are missions programs for the men, youth and children of our Fellowship.

It was great to see familiar faces, sing worship songs--some familiar and some not, and hear the next installment in the series on Jonah.

I had thought we might just head on up to St. Michaels, St. Sophia, St. Andrews while we were dressed up anyway but it was very cool and breezy with threatening clouds so we opted to grab a whole chicken from a vendor on the way home from the Metro and stay in the apartment for the afternoon.

I am going to experiement a bit here and see if I can figure out where to plug in my tiny little camera thingamajig on this computer. I just need a USB port.

1 comment:

Joy Portis said...

Praying for you and can't wait to see photos!!! Happy Belated birthday sweet Caleb!

Blessings
The other Joy :-)